Been a researcher for a while? Considering a change but unsure what you have to offer to the outside world or if leaving academic research is indeed the right move? Then this workshop is for you.
This workshop is for Research Staff only.
To enable research staff to begin exploring the possibility of changing career in a structured and supportive environment.
By the end of this session you should be able to:
- begin to understand how employers might view career change and what they are looking for, and how to effectively communicate what you have to offer
- identify barriers preventing your career progression or career change
- compare the advantages and disadvantages of staying in research and moving outside research
- develop your own personal action plan
- gain knowledge of the resources available to assist future career management