This half-day session is a practical rather than theory-based session for staff who do NOT yet have experience of working in a management/supervisory role, but who wish to consider what such a role would involve. You will have the opportunity, in an informal environment, to:
- explore with our facilitator what the management of projects, processes and people involves,
- discuss any questions and concerns with an experienced manager as guest speaker, and
- reflect on your own personal development, using a workbook designed for use during and after the course.
Intended for all staff considering whether a step into management would be the right next move for you, and if not, to consider alternatives.
Having attended this half-day course, participants will:
- understand the key features of a management role (managing people and managing activities)
- have assessed their individual desire for progressing into such a role, and
- either have begun to identify a personal next step towards a management role, or, in the case of those who do not wish to pursue a management role, have begun to identify an alternative personal next step.