These personnel modules aim to provide briefings on key personnel topics. They are aimed primarily at those people who deal with personnel matters within departments: for example, administrators and their personnel assistants or managers who wish to brush up their knowledge on specific issues. They will be particularly relevant to administrators and other personnel staff who are new to Oxford and who wish to find out how personnel matters are dealt with at the University, or more experienced staff taking on personnel functions for the first time.
The modules are as follows:
- Job evaluation and reward
- Induction and probation (to include optional overview of recruitment and selection procedures)
- Hours of work, leave and absence
Format : face-face
Intended for or aimed at Departmental and divisional administrators and managers (who have responsibility for personnel matters) only.
To provide the knowledge and skills necessary for the management of those personnel functions relevant to departmental staff.
By the end of the course it is intended that participants will be able to:
- Understand the personnel function in the context of the University
- Understand the content and context of a University contract and issue contracts, extensions and amendments appropriately
- Manage the University’s evaluation and reward systems in their departments
- Manage the processes involved in induction and probation of new staff
- Understand the processes involved in managing employees’ hours of work, leave and absence