This session may be of interest to those who attended the Introduction to Research Administration at Oxford seminar, and who are looking for more detail on this subject. It also aimed at more experienced staff looking to expand or refresh their knowledge.
Participants may also be interested in attending the sessions on supporting research grant applications, financial management of research awards, and personnel administration on research awards.
An interactive session with plenty of opportunities for questions and group discussion. Speakers will include representatives from Research Services.
Intended for staff in a role involving research administration activities as well as those who have responsibility for such staff. This will include:
- lead administrators, research and finance officers, and project managers in Departments
- officers supporting research planning and activity in Divisional Offices
- Research Facilitators and Coordinators in Divisional, Departmental and thematic roles
- research administrators in UAS
This course is part of a series overseen by Research Services.
Participants will learn about:
- when and why research contracts are needed
- the basics of research contracts, common types of agreements and model contracts
- key issues that arise in contract negotiations
- how Research Services works with Departments and researchers