This session may be of interest to those who attended the Introduction to research administration at Oxford seminar and who are looking for more detail on this subject. It is also aimed at more experienced staff looking to expand or refresh their knowledge.
Participants may also be interested in attending the sessions on supporting research grant applications, research contracts, and financial management of research awards.
An interactive session with plenty of opportunities for questions and group discussion. Speakers will include representatives from Personnel Services who have also had experience in Departmental roles.
Intended for staff in a role involving research administration activities as well as those who have responsibility for such staff. This will include:
- lead administrators, research and finance officers, and project managers in Departments
- officers supporting research planning and activity in Divisional Offices
- Research Facilitators and Coordinators in Divisional, Departmental and thematic roles
- research administrators in UAS
This course is part of a series overseen by Research Services.
Participants will learn to spot key issues relating to staff employed on externally-funded research awards, including:
- managing expectations of time-required for recruitment
- long-term external research funding and employment
- fixed-term staff and employment rights
- where funder requirements and University employment terms don’t match up
- research groups on the move: transfers in and out